Thursday, June 21, 2007

Close calls and excitement on the trails

Hello all we are in to the 3rd week of the project here in Hayfork. The project is going pretty much to plan. That’s not to say that the project has been without exciting moments. For example yesterday I got the 4WD Chevy Blazer stuck in the mud on a hair-pin turn in the mountains. Takahiro and myself were heading down a mountain before we saw that the road became blocked by a downed tree. We elected to reverse out to find a better spot to turn around. We began to spin our wheels when we were over the soft shoulder doing our 5 point turn. No one was hurt but we did need to have the fire guys come and pull us out of the hole with a Caterpillar Bulldozer (Luckily, we were friends with the fire guys before this happened).

The funny(but really not very funny) thing is that the time before last that I was out on the roads I had a flat tire that I needed to change. When it rains it pours(that’s what I read on the salt container this morning and it pretty much sums it up). I am learning lessons and skills left and right, however, so these things are more good than bad(especially when no one gets hurt).

So we have today off until 2 and then we’ll need to go out in the field again. I may need to get up the necessary courage to do so, however.

2 comments:

Brian said...

What's up home boy. Nice blog, I need to get to work on mine and the story telling aspect. For now I have just been commenting about abstract constructs of I don't even know. So check it out. http://bchuck.blogspot.com/

Keep it up mate.

Brian

Brian said...

oh yea, I can't get facebook to link my blog into my notes. Any suggestions?